Tuesday, March 08, 2011

morning trains.


Took this photo last year when I was travelling in Boston. It was morning and the train station was filled with people making their way to work. I was lugging my heavy backpack and my sleepy self to the Greyhound station to catch the bus to NYC.

Every time I see this shot I feel a sense of tranquility. I think it's something about that moment in time that you have to spend waiting for the train to arrive--it's as if the world grinds to a halt for those few minutes.

See, from the moment you wake up in the morning, you rush around the house, get changed, stuff a quick breakfast into your bag, then you get out of the house and brisk walk to the train station. Everything happens in a blur until you get through the gantries to the platform, and you are forced to wait. You can't rush the wait because you don't control the trains and when they arrive. For those few minutes, you have no choice but to be at peace with the world and move at the same pace as everyone around you. Until, of course, the train arrives and zooms you off to wherever you're headed.

Posted by STINKY @ 1:20 PM

Read or Post a Comment

I would love to find that tranquil spot where I'm forced to wait -- nice photo with the light coming through!

Posted by Blogger Catherine Criswell Spear @ 8:37 AM #
 

Hi STINKY, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog

Posted by Blogger hapi @ 10:55 PM #
 
<< Home